Stormflow Surfacing is environmentally friendly by promoting healthier trees, shrubs, plants and borders well with; stone, grass, concrete/asphalt, metal, wood, and more
Stormflow Surfacing is ideal for use around trees — allows air and water to penetrate to tree roots while providing a durable, slip resistant surface. It is also environmentally friendly!
- Reduces maintenance commonly found with metal tree grates – garbage & cigarette butts.
- Can be easily cut as the tree grow larger.
- Pour-in-place material can fit any shape or size.
- Low cost, durable installations provide years of maintenance-free service.
- Recycled rubber gives it flexibility so it withstands freeze-thaw cycles without heaving cracking or breaking slip resistant material.
- Replace trip hazards with a slip resistant material
Stormflow Surfacing consists of recycled rubber tires, stone aggregate and a moisture-cured polyurethane binder. It is engineered with 29% void space. Independent testing confirms that Stormflow Surfacing allows up to 5,800 gallons of water per hour per square foot to drain directly through its surface, permeate down into a compacted aggregate base, and then slowly filter into the ground. Learn more about our recycled materials and how we are determined to stay sustainable and environmentally friendly.
Typical install: 2” crushed stone base, 2” Stormflow Surfacing. Cures in 24 hours.