Stormflow Surfacing is environmentally friendly by promoting healthier trees, shrubs, plants and borders well with; stone, grass, concrete/asphalt, metal, wood, and more
Stormflow Surfacing is ideal for use around trees — allows air and water to penetrate to tree roots while providing a durable, slip resistant surface. It is also environmentally friendly!
- Reduces maintenance commonly found with metal tree grates – garbage & cigarette butts.
- Can be easily cut as the tree grow larger.
- Pour-in-place material can fit any shape or size.
- Low cost, durable installations provide years of maintenance-free service.
- Recycled rubber gives it flexibility so it withstands freeze-thaw cycles without heaving cracking or breaking slip resistant material.
- Replace trip hazards with a slip resistant material
Stormflow Surfacing consists of recycled rubber tires, stone aggregate and a moisture-cured polyurethane binder. It is engineered with 29% void space. Independent testing confirms that Stormflow Surfacing allows up to 5,800 gallons of water per hour per square foot to drain directly through its surface, permeate down into a compacted aggregate base, and then slowly filter into the ground. Learn more about our recycled materials and how we are determined to stay sustainable and environmentally friendly.
Typical install: 2” crushed stone base, 2” Stormflow Surfacing. Cures in 24 hours.
Click here for Installation Drawings…
For any questions about our product check our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us directly.
Available in a Variety of Natural Colours for your Tree Surrounds